Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't be shy.

It is odd. Yet, ever since I posted about there being a "new silence" on this blog, in the form of a reduced number of comments, since I blocked anonymous comments, there have been no comments at all, on this blog. It seems that I have been misunderstood. That, of course, is the peril of written communication: there is only the word to inform us, without expression, gesture or clear intent. This can make one misinterpreted.

Anyway, perhaps I used the wrong words. It hasn't been "silent" since I blocked anonymous comments - but it has been quieter. It has, however, been actually silent since I referred to the phenomenon. So, don't be shy. If you have a thought worth communicating in the comments, please do so. I know you have to sign in...but that should be fair enough, since you all know who I am too. A conversation with an anonymous person, is a one sided affair. I prefer not to have them anymore.

So, I hope to write to the less shy among you, in due course. Thanks.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, 10, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, 6 and Tiarnan, 4, this month, please go to:
http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html

I also write of gifted education, child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, megasavant, HELP University College, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, Malaysia, IQ, intelligence and creativity.

My Internet Movie Database listing is at: http://imdb.com/name/nm3438598/
Ainan's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3305973/
Syahidah's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

Our editing, proofreading and copywriting company, Genghis Can, is at http://www.genghiscan.com/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Use only with permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 10:06 AM 

6 Comments:

Blogger anthony said...

As someone who comments infrequently and usually when I feel I have something to add, my silence is a simple reflection of the fact that I don't.

When I do, you can rest assured that I will chime in. :-)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you Anthony...I was beginning to wonder at the unresponsiveness out there!

I look forward to your future "something to adds" when you have them.

Kind regards

10:26 AM  
Blogger Wy said...

Not so much a comment, but the sharing of a link on the related topic of how to improve the quality of comments.

http://elidourado.com/blog/blogosphere-common-pool-resource

Banning anonymity is one of the ways. =)

1:13 PM  
Blogger Pearl said...

I actually read your blog via feed reader--so I catch all of your posts. I'm not much of a commenter on any blog, really. As a mom of gifted children, I enjoy reading your blog quite a bit. Nasty commenters are not an issue I deal with on my own blog, though I write about a variety of things in addition to writing about giftedness. In a sense, anonymous negative comments can be seen as an indicator that you've touched a nerve with your readers. But I can't really relate to why someone would take the time to spread their misery to others via blog comments.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you for the link Weiye. I shall check it out. Much appreciated.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Dear Margaret, I have learnt that there are people who find a kind of personal fulfilment in spreading just such misery of which you speak. They like nothing better than to make others unhappy, preferably whilst being anonymous and thus immune to comeback themselves. It is cowardly and mean...but that is them.

Then again, there are others with a positive motivation towards the world, who seek to enhance it and it is to those, that I write.

Yes. I think sometimes I do "hit a nerve"...but is it necessary to respond with venom? I don't think so...at least not from the way I look at the world.

Thanks for your comment.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape