Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Sunday, April 26, 2009

On having readers.

It is a privilege to have readers. That is something that is easily forgotten. I am fortunate to have readers from all over the world. Some are dedicated readers who visit every day. Others pop by once in a while, and perhaps leave a comment. Then there are those who stumble upon my blog, read the one or two articles that exactly fit their interest, then move on. For all of them, I am grateful, for having a reader allows one to communicate thoughts.

What I find most interesting about readers in the Internet age is that they are all voluntary. They are voluntary in a very special way: they CHOOSE to be on a particular web page. Most of my traffic arrives through the search engines. The searcher is looking for material on particular terms and the only reason they are directed to my page, is that my page is relevant to those search terms: I have written something relating to their search. I find that amazing. We live in a time in which only the most relevant material to our concerns is brought to our attention. That means that we only get to read what we really want to read. Thus, though I may not have the number of readers that a newspaper attracts, at least each of my readers has specifically decided to read the particular web page they find themselves on. That is the not the case with a newspaper, in which a random selection of stories is served up, many of which will not be of real interest to the reader.

We thus live in an age in which the right reader finds it easy to find the right writer. Whatever I write will appeal to a small segment of the world's population - but that small segment is now able to find what I write, should they so wish. That is most refreshing.

Since I started this blog over two years ago, I have had almost 183,000 readers. That may not sound much, to some people, compared to the millions that might read a daily newspaper, but it is a lot when you consider that each of those readers is a relevant reader: they are reading precisely because they want to read the particular post I have written.

I am grateful that the Internet connects the right writers with the right readers in this way. It means that whatever I write will one day find the exact people who might wish to read it. Now, that may only be a small number of people compared to the world's population - but it will be those who actually would appreciate a particular piece of writing so, in that sense, those readers are the only important ones. The others, the vast majority of others, don't search using the right terms and never find my web pages, precisely because their content doesn't match their interests. It is best, therefore, that my words don't trouble them - I would rather be found only by those who are likely to appreciate what I have expressed.

It is clear, therefore, that the Internet age provides an ideal medium for the distribution of the written word. In it the right thoughts go to those most receptive to them. No-one's time is wasted reading material that is irrelevant and writers are actually enabled to find the few readers who will appreciate their own particular brand of thought.

If you have read this page, you have done so because, in some way, it fits your interests. Thank you, therefore, for stopping by and taking the time to read what I have written. It is possible that other posts, here, will prove of interest, too...so have a look around.

Cheers.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged eight years and seven months, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, five years exactly, and Tiarnan, twenty-eight months, please go to:http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, College, University, Chemistry, Science, genetics, left-handedness, precocity, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, wunderkind, wonderkind, genio, гений ребенок prodigy, genie, μεγαλοφυία θαύμα παιδιών, bambino, kind.

We are the founders of Genghis Can, a copywriting, editing and proofreading agency, that handles all kinds of work, including technical and scientific material. If you need such services, or know someone who does, please go to: http://www.genghiscan.com/ Thanks.

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication prohibited. Use Only with Permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 3:33 PM 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first came across your blog in a similar way. I searched "Living and Working in Singapore" and you had a short article on that subject or containing those words.

I am glad I have stuck around as well, because it means I have another friend in Singapore :D

I don't actually know how many people read my blog. I have had two responses in the time it's been up. Do you have a tracker of some kind?

God Bless :)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Riverman, very few readers post a comment. Most read in silence...

However, you can track traffic to your blog. I use a "sitemeter"...just google for it. It works well enough and gives all sorts of interesting information about traffic. The basic version is also free. Try it!

I am glad you found my blog, in this way...take care.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape