Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Garden of Eden, Chinese Style.

Living in Singapore, as I do, in the midst of the Asian world, I sometimes hear things I very much doubt I would hear in London, where I used to live, for instance.

Today, I heard something reputedly to be heard on the tongues of Westernized Chinese people.

The remark in itself is both funny and revealing of the culture that speaks it - though I will leave you to think about what it reveals.

Now, Adam and Eve are usually portrayed as Caucasians, in most accounts. However, what if it were different? I heard, today, that it is said, that if Adam and Eve had been Chinese that we would all still be living in the Garden of Eden - because the Chinese would not have spoken to the snake - they would have eaten it.

I thought it was hilarious.

(If you would like to read of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged seven years and seven months, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, four years and no months, Tiarnan, seventeen months, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, the creatively gifted, gifted adults and gifted children in general. Thanks.)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 11:01 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape