Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Fundraising drive: first donation received.

On January 2nd, I launched a fundraising drive to support my continued writing of this blog on giftedness and many other matters. Today, I am happy to announce, I received my first donation.

I would like to thank Tearsunderstars, a Singaporean, and regular contributor to the comments sections of my posts, for a donation of 50 US dollars. It is much appreciated.

As I noted in my introductory post, concerning the fundraising drive: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2011/01/fundraising-drive-in-support-of-my.html

I am creating a list of top donors, so that everyone will be able to see, at a glance, who are the most generous donors and which country they are from.

As of today, Singapore stands in no. 1 position, in the world, for generosity and support of giftedness, thanks to Tearsunderstars. Thank you.

Should anyone else wish to support my writing which seeks to raise awareness of giftedness and its challenges, please donate by clicking on the gold donation button on the left hand side of this page. It will take you to Pay Pal, which is a perfectly safe and simple way to donate. Thanks.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, 10, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, 7 and Tiarnan, 4, this month, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html

I also write of gifted education, child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, megasavant, HELP University College, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, Malaysia, IQ, intelligence and creativity.

There is a review of my blog, on the respected The Kindle Report here: http://thekindlereport.blogspot.com/2010/09/boy-who-knew-too-much-child-prodigy.html

Please have a read, if you would like a critic's view of this blog. Thanks.

You can get my blog on your Kindle, for easy reading, wherever you are, by going to: http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much/dp/B0042P5LEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1284603792&sr=8-1

Please let all your fellow Kindlers know about my blog availability - and if you know my blog well enough, please be so kind as to write a thoughtful review of what you like about it. Thanks.

My Internet Movie Database listing is at: http://imdb.com/name/nm3438598/

Ainan's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3305973/

Syahidah's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

Our editing, proofreading and copywriting company, Genghis Can, is at http://www.genghiscan.com/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Use only with permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 1:42 PM 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE your blog. But I don't have money (yet) to donate. However, I have a few aesthetic suggestions for improvement if you're willing to take them. (I'm from the Internet generation, after all).

I think this has been mentioned previously, but the footer at the end of your blog is far too long.. too much scrolling. Can you somehow find a way to display it only once per page?

Next, it be great if you could separate your posts by year at the least. It's hard for me to go back a search for some of my favorite posts.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Additionally, I think it comes off as a bit 'harsh' when you use the term 'idiot' and 'stupid' sometimes. Although you're site has helped me tremendously by being able to recognize and appreciate my natural gifts, I think certain terminology should be mitigated.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, maybe you can consult your wife and children in regards to fonts, background choice, etc. Since the blog is about them as well, maybe they should have a say in what goes in it.

Just suggestions. :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thanks Safireau, for your suggestions on improvement. However, I know of no way to get just one footer per page. The reason it is at the end of every post is that each post is reachable by Google, independently, and is displayed on its own: hence the footer must appear after every entry.

I know of no way to achieve your formatting suggestions in Blogger. Each week of posts is displayed as a link - so you could just look for the year, listed on the link title.

Re. idiot etc. Yes. It can seem harsh...but I did explain in the most recent post why it seemed apt, given that everyone has the opportunity to learn enough about the world to know that an image is not going to enhance body performance in the ways suggested. I will reflect carefully on the matter for the future.

Thanks for your suggestions.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

By the way, I am glad you love my blog. That is good to hear.

Re. donations: I understand your present situation. Thanks.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape