Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Fintan's perspective on the adult world

Every morning I see Fintan up and about. He is the second earliest riser in the family, needing to do so, to get ready for school. I am the earliest.

Every morning he asks me the same question, perhaps hoping for a different answer, as I stand by the door saying goodbye:

"Where are you going Daddy?"

"To work." I say, ritually.

Today, Fintan's response was a little different. "Again?" He cried, aghast. It was as if his tone had said: haven't you done that already?

There was no reply to that. After all, he had fully captured how I sometimes feel!

I left for work. Again.

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 8:45 AM 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes.

Pam

11:38 AM  
Blogger Lynn Tan said...

lol... i wonder.. what if you respond to him differently.. teasing him but actually you are leaving for work.. again...

12:23 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

I think the daily ritual is quite touching...in a way. But I might see what happens if I do something different, yes.

Best wishes

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape