Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Technorati Ranking for The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

By reason of nothing more than randomness, I decided to check my Technorati ranking, yesterday. I found myself rather stunned by the result.

Those of you who are long term readers of my blog will have noted a blog post I wrote on May 27th 2007. Then, I remarked that my blog was doing unexpectedly well. I had a Technorati authority of 23 - which meant that 23 independent blogs had linked to me in the previous six months - and I stood 222,604th out of all the world's then, 71 million blogs, in Technorati ranking. These rankings are an indicator of how important other people think the blog is, as it is measured by the number of people who decide to link to it, from the rest of the blogosphere, compared to how many people are linking to all the other blogs. I was, at the time, rather pleased to have my, then, young blog, considered so highly by the rest of the blogosphere.

Yesterday, I saw a surprisingly different tale concerning my blog. Firstly, it should be noted that, according to Wikipedia, Technorati was tracking and ranking 112.8 million blogs by June 2008. Presumably they are likely to be tracking more now. Anyway, have a guess where my blog was listed, out of such a giant horde of blogs, in significance in the blogosphere, yesterday?

Well, I was stunned to note that my blog was listed as the 15,157th blog in the world out of all of its hundred million plus blogs! Not only that but astonishingly its authority was listed as 419. This means that, in the previous six months, 419 new bloggers decided to link to my blog. To my mind, that is a very large number.

To put it into terms that might be more meaningful, my blog is in the top 99.987% of all blogs, worldwide.

Now, I must point out that Technorati is measuring blog importance in terms of the number of people who think it worth linking to a blog. It is not measuring purely the traffic to the blog. My blog remains a niche interest, in regards to its subject matter, but what is clear, is that those who do read it, appreciate it, more than is typical - for a lot of people are linking to it.

Thanks to those who have linked to my blog. I am really amazed to learn that there are so many of you out there. It is appreciated and acts as a spur to keep on writing.

I did note something even more interesting. Technorati indicates that my blog has fallen in rank recently. Thus, an authority of 419 is NOT the peak it has reached. It has, in the recent past, been even more popular.

If you have a blog, and like anything that you read here, I would be grateful if you could link to the posts that you like, or to the blog head page. Thanks very much.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged eight years and seven months, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, five years exactly, and Tiarnan, twenty-eight months, please go to:http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, College, University, Chemistry, Science, genetics, left-handedness, precocity, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, wunderkind, wonderkind, genio, гений ребенок prodigy, genie, μεγαλοφυία θαύμα παιδιών, bambino, kind.

We are the founders of Genghis Can, a copywriting, editing and proofreading agency, that handles all kinds of work, including technical and scientific material. If you need such services, or know someone who does, please go to: http://www.genghiscan.com/ Thanks.

IMDB is the Internet Movie Database for film and tv professionals. If you would like to look at my IMDb listing for which another fifteen credits are to be uploaded, (which will probably take several months before they are accepted) please go to: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3438598/ As I write, the listing is new and brief - however, by the time you read this it might have a dozen or a score of credits...so please do take a look. My son, Ainan Celeste Cawley, also has an IMDb listing. His is found at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3305973/ My wife, Syahidah Osman Cawley, has a listing as well. Hers is found at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication prohibited. Use Only with Permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 11:56 AM 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation!

ps: A Singaporean won't congratulate you...

7:31 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you for your congratulations. I find the whole thing rather surprising myself...because all I have been doing is writing away...while, it seems, the world has been reading away.

As for Singaporeans...none has done so, so far. We will see...

Kind regards

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! :)

I agree with you regarding the fact that those who come here value your blog. I do!

As for the people from Singapore - I am not one of them - I believe it's inappropriate for "Anonymous" to be so judgmental since s/he is the only one - apart from me - who has commented on this entry so far.

-- Maria --

3:49 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you, Maria, for your kind words. They are appreciated.

As for anonymous' view...well, it should be noted that, so far, he or she is right: no-one from Singapore has commented, or congratulated me, at all. Since a good percentage of my readers are from Singapore, it is not for want of such readers, that no congratulations have been given.

It would be interesting to know where people are from, when they congratulate on this matter - perhaps some cultural tendencies to warmth, might thereby be revealed (or tendencies to be sincere and not jealous...)

If you read this, again, Maria, could you let me know where you are from?

Thanks

By the way, I am very glad you value my work. It is the product of much steady effort over three years...so it is not a trivial matter.

Best wishes.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps, I am right!
It has been two months since i congratulated you and None of the Sgrean congratulate you.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

You have a point. It is rather too long for a silence on the issue to be maintained. It seems that success is not so readily accepted in Singapore as one might hope. That is strange, since they should realize that almost everyone's success is deserved and comes from their own efforts...so all should be accepted and greeted warmly.

Thank you for your follow up comment...it is telling.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape