Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Google search and successful blogs

If you have a successful blog, it is quite possible that no-one will be able to see it.

I should explain. Today, I have been unable to get to my own blog, using Google as a search engine. It just says: "We are sorry but your query looks like an automated request from a virus or spyware application".

How bizarre. I can't access my own blog. I tried using the search engine to find it, by typing in "scientific child prodigy". Sure enough, my listing came up No.1 - but when I clicked on it, I wasn't allowed to go to the page: I got the "We're sorry but..." page, again.

Every way I tried to get to my blog, I got the same result. Even from my blogger interface, I can't view my own blog.

Now, I don't know if it is just my computer, or if this is a global problem - and everyone who tries to read my blog is being blocked by Google. If so, it is very ironic indeed, since my blog is hosted on Blogspot which is OWNED by Google.

I am at a loss. So, if you have had trouble getting to my blog I apologize. Somewhere, there is a machine that equates popularity of search, with viral infection. There is no virus. There is just a simple case of a lot of people searching for the blog at the same time.

Thank you for your patience. I hope this is resolved soon because otherwise I may as well stop writing - for what would be the point if no-one can get to my site?

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 5:00 PM 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm typing this just to let you know your blog is still reachable through google (it's how I got here). It may be a local problem. I'm in the U.S.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here. :)

3:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call it Google Virus, haha...

But really, if that shows, it means that there are some insidious spam cookies in your browser. You need to use spam remover like SpyDoctor to remove those cookies, or just simply clear your browser cache (password-site will need to enter password again).

I have experienced your problem and after running SpyDoctor, Google becomes friendly again <:^)

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape