Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tiarnan of the smile

Tiarnan has a wonderful smile - all angelic and endearing - but that is not the true wonder. The true wonder is that he finds so many reasons to smile.

This morning for instance. I woke to find him awake and sitting between us, looking at me. He gave me his big, funny smile - but said nothing. He was happy to share this waking moment with me. His smile has its own character: it is a broad smile, showing his teeth and his nose wrinkles when he does it. It makes him look very cute - and handsome. He just looked up at me, unmoving, then looked at his mother, still asleep. He began to watch her sleep. Then, as if on cue, her eyes opened and the first thing she saw was Tiarnan, looking down on her. He gave her his biggest of smiles and bounced excitedly on the bed, at having caught her awaken. He then looked from one of us to the other very content simply to share the early morning moment, of his parents waking.

I don't know what he was thinking - but he seemed so happy - and that happiness made us happy too.

Sometimes I don't know how I was ever content before I became a Daddy.

Thank you Tiarnan.

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 12:28 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape