Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tiarnan knows his Daddy

Twenty years ago, I was a much younger and a much slimmer man. I was a boy, really. I looked much different to what I do now: sharply defined features, noticeable cheekbones, a very fresh look. I was at Cambridge. I was of a rather different build as well - about 35 kg lighter. That is quite a difference.

Tiarnan saw this photograph a few days ago, and immediately uttered a nickname he has for me. The gulf of years, the ever more youthful appearance in the photograph, couldn't fool him. Tiarnan knew his Daddy - though looking at the photos I would barely know myself.

I suppose I should be touched that, at eleven months, he was able to identify me in such old photos - yet not having had the experience to know, from having lived it, that people DO change that much - and yet are the same person. Somehow, he could just see it in the photograph.

I wonder if he would recognize me as a child of his age? I don't have any such photos in my present country - but I would like to try one day. It could be funny to see his reaction to his Daddy as a baby.

(If you would like to read more of Tiarnan or his gifted brothers, including Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged seven years and one month, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, the creatively gifted, gifted children and gifted adults in general. Thanks. Note that I am presently unable to update the guide, owing to some problem with my blogger interface - so the posts of the past few days are not referred to. You will have to go to the main page and look to the list on the left, to find them. I am trying to resolve the issue.)

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 9:06 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape